BioGaia is now looking for an experienced and creative product development manager with the ability to combine scientific knowledge with commercial skills and who wants to contribute to BioGaias future success.
This position will focus on development and improvement of current probiotic formulations classified as food supplements: tablets, powder & oil as well as development of new formulations, delivery systems and packaging. As a Product development manager at BioGaia you drive the entire process from an idea to developing it into a commercial product. You work both hands on and through collaboration with external research organizations and contract manufacturing organizations (CMOs). Your main responsibilities are:
- Identify, develop and evaluate new innovative formulations for delivery of probiotics in line with strategic areas and project needs.
- Initiate and lead product development projects both including new formulations and packaging.
- Build relations and work closely with relevant external research organizations and or CMOs to build know-how.
- Identify and establish new networks within strategically and scientifically relevant areas to continuously improve knowledge.
- Work cross functionally to ensure alignment in focus areas such as quality, cost, lead-times, technology, etc.
- Initiate and work with formulation and or packaging improvements as part of maintenance work for existing products.
- Share knowledge through internal seminars and educations.
The position is part of our Marketing and Product Development Team and you will report to Head of Product Development. You will be located at our office in Lund. Some travelling is required in this position.
To be successful in this position we believe you have the following qualifications:
- Scientific university degree, preferably in the field of microbiology, pharmacy, physical chemistry, bio medicine, chemical engineering or equivalent.
- + 4 years of working with formulation, process or packaging development.
- Proven knowledge of working with probiotics, food supplements, pharmaceuticals or food.
- Good understanding of how different ingredients effect taste, stability and product characteristics are important as well as a good understanding of production processes.
- Experience of working in projects and a proven track record of successful cross-functional collaboration.
- Strong written and oral communication skills (English and at least one Scandinavian language).
- Experience in working with decision makers and navigating at both a strategic level and at an operational level.
- Knowledge within nutrition and sensory is an asset.
As a person you have a strong desire to join a small company and work in a fast paced environment. Your ‘can-do’ attitude and strong drive to take ownership of many different projects are mandatories, as are your ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks and timelines, while maintaining the focus. You have outstanding organizational and communication skills, a good problem-solving ability as well as a selfless and respectful attitude.
Are you intrigued?
Then please submit your application today. In this process we have a close cooperation with Academic Search International and direct any questions about the position to Recruitment Consultant Anna Fredricson at 0701-653101 or firstname.lastname@example.org . Academic Search is our Recruitmentpartner regarding this position. They will handle all applications and questions during the process. You apply by registering your details and uploading your CV/Resume and a cover letter through the link below. Last date to apply is August 7th.Apply here
Follow the link below to register.