Yes, BioGaia Protectis drops (with or without Vitamin D) are safe from day of birth. The recommended dosage is always 5 drops, regardless of age.
• The drops can be administered by using a spoon.
• Put 5 drops on a (soft) plastic spoon and turn the spoon over in the mouth and sort of “dry” it off on the tongue of the baby.
• They can also be mixed with cold or lukewarm food. Avoid hot food, since L. reuteri is sensitive to high temperatures.
• Always shake the bottle well before usage.
Yes the drops can be mixed with breast milk and/or formula. The only thing to consider when adding the drops to liquids is the temperature. Do not add to liquids warmer than 37°C/99°F. If adding to liquids make sure to consume within the same day.
Biogaia Protectis drops can be used by patients suffering from milk protein allergy and / or are sensitive to lactose / gluten
- A probiotic bacteria can be grown on different types of media
- The L. reuteri Protectis culture used in BioGaia Protectis drops are grown on a barley based media, therefore, the drops do not contain lactose or milk protein
- After production the bacteria are diluted in the product. Analytical data reveals gluten in the probiotic culture, however, in the finished product the gluten level is below EU limit value for gluten-free products.