Annual General Meeting of BioGaia
The Annual General Meeting of BioGaia AB (publ) on 3 May 2017 voted to approve the following resolutions:
- adoption of the annual report
- discharge from liability for the Board members and the Managing Director
- a dividend of SEK 7.50 per share
- re-election of Board members Jan Annwall, Ewa Björling, David Dangoor, Stefan Elving, Inger Holmström, Anthon Jahreskog and Brit Stakston
- New election of Margaretha Gadnell as Board member
- Margaretha Gadnell, born in 1959, has a B.Sc in Chemistry from Linköping University. She has many years of experience from senior positions at biotechnology companies, most recently as Marketing Director at Companion Diagnostics within Thermo Fisher Scientific. Since one year back, she is responsible for new establishments in a foundation, with the purpose to create growth within the life science sector in the Uppsala region. Margareta Gadnell is founder and partner in the business consulting company Conlega BioBusiness Development and Management.
- re-election of David Dangoor as Board Chairman
- re-election of the registered Accounting firm Deloitte AB
- Board member compensation in an amount of SEK 400,000 to the Chairman and SEK 200,000 to each of the other Board members not employed by the company
- auditors’ fee shall be paid according to approved account
- on principles for remuneration and other terms of employment for senior executives in accordance with the Board’s proposal
- on a Nominating Committee in accordance with the Nominating Committee’s proposal
- on a grant of not more than SEK 2.4 million to a foundation to be set up by BioGaia in accordance with the Board´s proposal. The intended purpose of the foundation is to reduce antibiotic resistance through support to research, education and information activities. The objective is for this to lead to promotion of the use of products and methods that prevent infections or otherwise reduce the use of antibiotics. The board of the foundation is intended to consist of members appointed by BioGaia’s Board of Directors. It shall also be possible for other companies or physical persons to contribute funds to the foundation. Provided that the operations continue to show positive development, BioGaia’s Board of Directors intends to put forward proposals at future annual general meetings regarding additional contributions to the foundation.
Latest press releases from BioGaia
2017-05-03 BioGaia AB Interim Management Report 1 January – 31 March 2017
2017-04-20 BioGaia’s oral health probiotic to be launched in three new markets
2017-04-04 Notice to attend the Annual General Meeting of BioGaia AB (publ).