Comments from the Managing Director:
“Sales in the third quarter of 2017 amounted to SEK 148 million, which is an increase of 17% compared to the same period of last year. The strong third quarter, with good sales in both the Pediatrics and Adult Health segments, means that after nine months we have achieved sales of SEK 445 million, a gross margin of 75% and an operating profit SEK 169 million. The ongoing strengthening of the organization and the close collaboration with our partners are paying off and we are continuing to pursue our strategic initiatives. I am also very pleased that we have launched the first products with our new Japanese partner Nippon Kabaya Ohayo Holdings Inc., and that these have been well received by the market,” says Axel Sjöblad, Managing Director of BioGaia AB.
Third quarter 2017
(Figures in brackets refer to the same period of last year. The comparative figures in the balance sheet refer to 31 December 2016.)
- Net sales amounted to SEK 147.7 million (126.0), an increase of 17% (excluding foreign exchange effects, 21%).
- Net sales in the Pediatrics segment reached SEK 111.1 million (99.0), an increase of 12%.
- Net sales in the Adult Health segment amounted to SEK 35.7 million (22.6), an increase of 58%.
- Operating profit was SEK 53.6 million (48.4), an increase of 11%.
- Profit after tax was SEK 42.1 million (35.1), an increase of 20%.
- Earnings per share totaled SEK 2.43 (2.02). No dilutive effects arose during the period.
- The period’s cash flow was SEK 37.9 (52.2) million.
Key events in the third quarter of 2017
- Launch of:
- Prodentis oral health lozenges in the Philippines and Vietnam.
- Protectis digestive health tablets in Colombia and Honduras.
- Protectis drops in the Philippines.
- Yoghurt with Prodentis bacteria culture in Japan.
January 1 – September 30, 2017
- Net sales amounted to SEK 444.9 million (395.9), an increase of 12% (excluding foreign exchange effects, 11%).
- Net sales in the Pediatrics segment reached SEK 354.0 million (313.8), an increase of 13%.
- Net sales in the Adult Health segment amounted to SEK 85.2 million (69.4), an increase of 23%.
- Operating profit was SEK 169.1 million (153.1)¹, an increase of 10%.
- Profit after tax was SEK 132.2 million (112.4)¹, an increase of 18%.
- Earnings per share totaled SEK 7.63 (6.48)¹. No dilutive effects arose during the period.
- The period’s cash flow was SEK -2.0 million (-27.6). Cash and cash equivalents at September 30, 2017 amounted to SEK 240.2 million (201.6).
1) Excluding the former subsidiary Infant Bacterial Therapeutics (IBT) AB, which was distributed to the shareholders in March 2016.
Teleconference: Investors, analysts and the media are invited to take part in a teleconference on the interim report that will be held today, October 25, 2017, at 9:30 a.m. CET by Managing Director Axel Sjöblad. To participate in the teleconference, please see www.biogaia.com/investors/agenda. The teleconference can also be followed at https://tv.streamfabriken.com/biogaia-q3-2017.
This information is information that BioGaia AB is obliged to make public pursuant to the EU Market Abuse Regulation and the Securities Markets Act. The information was submitted for publication, through the agency of the contact person set out above, at October 25, 2017, 8:00 a.m. CET.