BioGaia products are free from allergens like milk, gluten, egg, peanuts, tree nuts, fish, shellfish, soy.
BioGaia probiotic straw
Probiotic gut health
BioGaia Probiotic straw contain Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis, a natural lactobacillus that helps the good microorganisms restore a natural balance in the gut. L. reuteri Protectis naturally colonizes humans it has a strong adaptation to persist and interact with humans.
L. reuteri Protectis has been tested in a number of clinical studies and proven effective as well as totally safe for both adults and children.
Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis Other Ingredients: Rapeseed oil 100%, Trans fat free
Use regular for good gut health and when your stomach doesn’t feel right. Use at least one straw a day. Higher doses completely safe.
Tear open wrapper and remove straw. Extend by pulling gout the telescoopic straw. Insert blue segment of straw into the beverage package.
For a detailed list of BioGaia’s products in your country please follow this link to our products.
Biogaia Protectis tablets can be used by patients suffering from milk protein allergy and / or are sensitive to lactose / gluten.
- A probiotic bacteria can be grown on different types of media
- The L. reuteri Protectis culture used in BioGaia Protectis tablets are grown either on skim milk or a barley based media.
- After production the bacteria are diluted in the product
- Analytical data reveals milk protein, lactose and gluten in the culture. However, in the finished product neither milk protein nor lactose are detectable, and the gluten level is below EU limit value for gluten-free products.
Lactobacillus reuteri Protectis is a strain of the species Lactobacillus reuteri that has been tested in more than 122 clinical trials (in humans). It is used in products such as drops and tablets. Its scientific designation is Lactobacillus reuteri DSM 17938.
No, the bacteria are in a dormant state and become activated and fully metabolically active when they come in contact with the saliva. This happens quickly, by the time they reach the stomach, they can start to colonize.
BioGaia probiotic products could be useful in combination with for example antibiotics as they contribute to keeping the balance in the gut microbiota. These products are considered to be food and are actually comparable to yoghurt when it comes to safety.
The conditions under which Lactobacillus reuteri is taken are not critical. Hypothetically, the elevated pH shortly after the intake of food might have a positive impact on the survival of Lactobacillus reuteri, but it is more important that Lactobacillus reuteri is taken on a regular daily basis and at a time of the day that is suitable for the consumer.
Yes, since the intestinal levels are depleted within about a week after discontinuing use. The resident microbiota of an individual is relatively fixed and thereby highly resistant to the establishment of “newcomers”. Even an indigenous bacterium like Lactobacillus reuteri should be taken on a regular basis, since most people of modern society does not get colonized by Lactobacillus reuteri during infancy. By taking BioGaia probiotics regularly you maintain the total daily supply of lactobacilli.
The recommended dose of a probiotic does not depend on bodyweight.
BioGaia’s clinical studies show efficacy in both children and adults with the same dose. Possible arguments for that could be:
- Probiotics are living organisms that makes use of the space available.
- The larger digestive track in adults simply offers more nutrients and more room for the bacteria to colonize and grow.
- It is not like a pharmaceutical where the distribution of the chemical substance depends on the body size or volume of blood since the substance cannot reproduce itself.
It is difficult to give an answer as each human’s gut microbiota is unique. Please contact a health care professional for advice.