Children’s Mission in the Philippines
BioGaia has supported Children’s Mission Philippines since 2007. The organisation has three focus areas – Child Welfare, Education and Development Programmes.
Example of Children’s Mission’s commitment
- Operates three schools, from kinder 1 to grade 6, educating 370 children
- Sponsorship programmes for 500 children, enabling parents to send their children to school
- Supports a malnutrition team yearly reaching out to 400 undernourished children
- Runs a mobile clinic (mainly operating in dump areas)
- Runs a children’s village for orphaned, abandoned or abused children
- Runs a Unite Learn and Empower (ULE) livelihood programme for poor women and their families (reaching 1,100 people), including themes like nutrition, disease prevention, entrepreneurship, how to apply for a micro loan
- Drop-in for school children, helping them with their home work and arranging activities
- This year a goat farm in Tacloban was founded, enabling farmers who had their coconut-trees destroyed in the tyfon Youlanda in 2013 an income while waiting for new coconut-trees to grow and provide harvest.
Support Children’s Mission
We encourage everybody who wants to support this fantastic, well-organised and efficient charity to contact Children’s Mission Philippines at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Children’s Mission website
- Facebook: Children’s Mission Philippines – Hills of Grace Foundation