Code of Conduct provides guidance for partners
BioGaia’s products are sold in 100 countries and the brand therefore has worldwide exposure. To ensure ethical behavior in accordance with BioGaia’s values, a Code of Conduct was adopted in 2017 which was signed up to by suppliers in 2018. During the year work also started on getting BioGaia’s some 80 distribution partners worldwide to sign the Code of Conduct.
BioGaia’s distributors are key parties for ensuring that the company’s products comply with the laws and regulations that apply in each market. In this work BioGaia’s experts collaborate with corresponding experts from the local distributors.
The BioGaia Way
The corporate culture and values that govern BioGaia’s approach, “The BioGaia Way”, cover both social sustainability issues and respect for the environment. As part of their introduction, new employees are given a presentation of current polices, including those relating to anti-corruption.
BioGaia climate compensates for the Group’s carbon dioxide emissions which are mainly caused by air travel and product packaging. In 2018, BioGaia provided compensation for its carbon dioxide emissions with SEK 187,000 to Agroforestry projects in Tanzania and Kenya.
- Responsible and ethical marketing
- Compliance with laws and regulations
- Anti-corruption and anti-bribery
- Promote sustainable approach
Targets and results
- 100% suppliers who have signed up to the Code of Conduct. At year-end 2018, all suppliers for production and packaging had signed the Code. Among suppliers of analysis services, 85 percent had signed. Almost 40 percent of distributors had signed the Code of Conduct.
- 0 reported incidents related to marketing.
- 100% employees who have completed training in anti-corruption.
- Anti-bribery and anti-corruption policy
- Work environment and equality policy
- Communications policy
- Information security policy
In addition to these policies, BioGaia has Codes of Conduct, which include an environmental policy, for suppliers and distributors as well as quality guidelines for suppliers, the BioGaia Quality Standard.
Employees who are motivated and feel good at work help to contribute to long-term, sustainable business.
BioGaias business model, built on long-term partnerships with local distributors, is one of the company’s strengths.
Contribution to global health
Antibiotic resistance is one of the biggest global health threats. In addition to the core business, BioGaia is actively involved in spreading awareness within this area.