We mainly process your personal data so that you can communicate with us and for optimization of BioGaia.com. In some cases, we will also process your personal data for marketing purposes or to fulfil a legal obligation.
BioGaia is the data controller and all personal data is processed in accordance with the accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”).
If you have questions about how we process your personal data, you can contact us as below:
org nr. 556380-8723,
P.O. Box 3242
SE 103 64 Stockholm
What type of personal information we collect
The personal data we may collect from you and process is your name, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, CV and customer service matters.
How we use your personal data and legal basis
BioGaia only collects personal data for the purposes set out below and our processing is always based on the legal basis set out below.
BioGaia will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- Customer administration: to be able us to provide you with the information and services that you request from us; Legal basis: This use of personal data is our legitimate interest in communication with you and to provide the services you have requested from us.
- Business partners: in case you work at our business partners, to be able to fulfill all contractual obligations with our business partner; Legal basis: This use of personal data is our legitimate interest in fulfilling the contractual obligations with our business partner.
- Job applications: to evaluate and make decision regarding recruitment of new employees; Legal basis: This use of personal data is our legitimate interest to evaluate and offer a jobseeker employment at BioGaia.
- Marketing purposes: to provide you with relevant information about BioGaia and our products in the form of newsletters or emails; Legal basis: Consent when required by applicable law. In other cases, BioGaia’s legitimate interest in keeping you updated on news and products.
- Legal requirements: to fulfil a legal or regulatory obligation to which we are subject e.g. archives obligations. Legal basis: The processing is necessary to protect our and your legal rights.
- Analysis of usability and quality of BioGaia.com and our services: We process the data in order to evaluate and improve the website and our services, to understand how visitors use the website and to ensure the functionality of the website and to detect, prevent and investigate fraud. Legal basis: The processing is necessary to satisfy our legitimate interest in developing and operating BioGaia.com.
- Legal enforcement, reorganisations, etc .: In case this is required, we will share your personal data with third parties to protect our or your legal rights. In addition, we may use, make available or transfer personal data to third parties in connection with a corporate reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock, including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings. Legal basis: for our legitimate interest in establishing, asserting or defending our legal claims and our and third parties’ legitimate interest in carrying out sales or restructuring of the business.
Where BioGaia process your personal data on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us or by unregister from our newsletter by clicking “unsubscribe” in the newsletter.
To whom we share your personal data
BioGaia may disclose your personal data with third parties. These parties are data processors, who are only allowed to process your personal data for the specific purposes defined by us. For example, these can be services such as hosting BioGaia.com, data analysis, email and newsletter delivery and logistic, transport and delivery services. Such processing and access to your personal data is regulated by a data processing agreement that ensure the confidentiality of your data.
BioGaia may also share your personal data with the following third parties:
– We may also disclose your personal data to any member of our group of companies, insofar it is necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes and on the legal basis as set out above; and
– To authorities to the extent that it is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject.
Our aim is that your personal data should always be processed within the EU/EEA.
In the event that personal data for which BioGaia is responsible is to be transferred to a country outside the EU/EEA, we do so only in cases where the transfer country and the recipient are deemed to maintain an adequate level of protection under the GDPR rules or the transfer is in accordance with the standard to regulate such transfers.
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers or on secure services controlled by third parties on our behalf. Where you have chosen a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our website and any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
How long will we keep your personal data
The criteria used to determine how long we will keep your personal data are: (i) how long we have an ongoing customer relationship with you; (ii) if we are subject to a legal obligation, e.g. to keep records for accounting purposes for 7 years; or (iii) if storage is necessary in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (10 years).
Your data protection rights
You have the right to request access to or deletion of the personal data that we hold about you. You are also entitled to have incorrect personal data about you corrected.
You can also object to that certain personal data about you are being processed and request that the processing of your personal data shall be limited. If you wish to do so, please email your request to email@example.com. Please note that the limitation or deletion of your personal data may mean we will be unable to provide the communications described above.
Under certain circumstances, you have the right to receive your personal data from us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the data transferred to another party responsible for data processing.
You must provide us with accurate information. If any of your details change, please inform us and we will update your personal data in line with our obligations under the relevant laws.
You always have the right to lodge a complaint directly with the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection (sw: Integritetsskyddsmyndigheten), (https://www.imy.se).
BioGaia.com is intended for users over the age of 18 years and we will not process any personal data that can be linked to minors.
Share data with third parties
If you interact with us on social media, this means that a transfer of your personal data, such as your photo and your name, will take place to a third country outside the EU/EEA area, usually USA. The transfer will take place in accordance with applicable privacy protection legislation, including the GDPR. In the third country, however, the GDPR does not apply, which may be an increased risk in terms of privacy with regard to, among other things, the possibility for authorities in the third country to gain access to your personal data and the possibility for you to exercise control over your personal data. The transfer is necessary for you to be able to contact us on social media so that we can fulfil your request.