Head of Procurement
Do you want to work for an innovative Swedish healthcare company that has been a world-leader in dietary supplements with probiotics for more than 30 years? Do you want a stimulating workplace with a culture in which each individual has an opportunity to develop and make a difference?
About the position
As Head of Procurement, you will be the owner of BioGaia’s procurement processes, including sourcing and supplier management, and responsible to ensure robust and cost-effective supply of purchased materials and outsourced activities to agreed quality and time.
This responsibility includes ensuring an effective and risk-based balance between maintaining robust procurement framework to fulfil commercial, legal, regulatory and compliance obligations and BioGaia’s capacity to efficiently and innovatively procure materials and outsourced activities to commercial products, new product introductions and product development activities.
You will report to VP Operations and lead our Procurement team to meet its performance targets. You will take an active role as a member of Operations’ leadership team to drive initiatives and performance towards defined targets in line with BioGaia’s strategy.
In close collaboration with other functions and management within BioGaia, you will be responsible to Eestablish, implement and maintain our procurement strategy as well as associated processes and procedures to meet agreed short- and long-term procurement targets and requirements (e.g. supply security, quality, cost of goods, technology, sustainability and compliance aspects)
As a part of your role you will also lead and support high level negotiations with procurement partners and suppliers and establish appropriate contractual framework.
The position is located in Lund. Substantial travel is part of the position and will be needed from time to time.
Your background, experiences, skills and personality
- Significant experience, preferably from life-science or food industries, of supply chain management, procurement, sourcing and/or supplier management, and in-depth knowledge of sourcing and procurement principles and good practices.
- Experiences in managing changes, risks, continuity planning and issues resolution related to outsourced activities and procured materials, and hereto associated services and suppliers.
- Bachelor´s or master´s degree in appropriate applied science, e.g. business management, procurement/supply chain management, economics, finance, legal, biology/biotechnology, chemistry/chemical engineering, pharmaceuticals or equivalent.
- Fluent in using Swedish and English as business language and fluent in both written and spoken Swedish and English.
- Customer focused and drives performance, act with high business awareness and integrity, self-motivated and take ownership, willing to learn and adopt an innovative, collaborative and coaching approach.
How to apply
BioGaia is partnering up with Academic Search International. You send your application through the Academic Search website, where you enter your personal details, enclose CV and cover letter. Please apply as soon as possible, however no later than May 7th 2020, as we work continuously with the selection and interview process.
All information is handled confidentially in accordance with Academic Search Integrity Policy as well as the new data protection act, GDPR. This means that we can only process applications coming through the applications system. Thank you for your understanding.
For questions, please contact either Researcher Johanna Olsson at +46 709 543 901 or email@example.com or Senior Consultant Mats Nordin at +46 707 516 740 or firstname.lastname@example.org.Apply here
BioGaia's products are sold through around 80 local distribution partners in 100 countries around the world.
To date, 217 clinical studies using BioGaia’s human strains of Lactobacillus reuteri have been performed on 18,000 individuals of all ages. (January 2020)
We have a clear strategy and have set the goals and priorities for 2020. Our sustainability initiatives have been given structure and a long-term approach.